Video User testing allows you as a business owner to gain impartial insight into how your customers view your business and how easily they can use your website. It’s so much better to get ‘fresh eyes’ in front of your website and get unbiased, impartial feedback. Increasing sales and reducing user frustration is at the heart of a usable website.
Test how people view your business from the outside. A treasure trove of great ideas can be generated from what people like and dislike about how you present your business online. Unlike customer focus groups, video testing is completed in private at the chosen users leisure (but usually within an a couple hours of submission – yes its that fast!), the questions that are been asked of people mean there is no pressure on them to answer your questions or respond to tasks in a certain way. Customer focus groups can have bigger personalities that in a group situation sway opinions or opinions are not fully aired, if its a bit awkward and no one wants to mention the glaring issue!
Video based user testing is an anonymous, no holds bar independent opinion from your target demographic. Until you have a window into your customer’s mind, your opinion, your website designers(!) your colleagues, friends and family all have tainted views because they already know you and your business. And that knowledge will cover over any of the cracks that the cold truth from independent video user testing will reveal. It is so much more powerful to have a snapshot of how your customers view your business because that’s what’s happening everyday.
User testing gives you to opportunity to test out:
- Customer journeys and actions you want people to undertake.
- Save costs by addressing issues early in the process before you promote to the world.
- Save the cost of having to pull a team of users into a physical location.
- Express opinion and levels of trust from what your present to them online.
- And importantly increase sales and web visitor conversions
Testing these or even marketing materials with a natural target audience is key will give you those extra percentage points that will delight your users and reduce their frustration.
You and your team may be blissfully unaware or are so familiar your website they have become blind to the issues. By addressing the natural concerns your website might be presenting to the majority of people, will give your business that cutting edge and ultimately make a much better experience for your customers.
People are task orientated when it comes to searching online, using websites and/or APPs. They want to get to their destination, have their questions answered and do it all smoothly without frustration. The fluffy marketing and presentation is significant in forming first impressions but if it ‘ain’t working’ – you’ve lost them!
To recap, the key benefits of independent user feedback are:
- Real no holds bar feedback: Find out how your website fares on mobile and desktop environments.
- Real people for any customer testing with a diverse user experience.
- A fresh pair of eyes: Understand how your customers view your business with a ‘fresh pair of eyes’.
- Non-biased video based testing.
- Test content, graphics and websites.
- Cost effective: Increase your customer’s ability to buy from you and customer feedback.
- Improve customer satisfaction and conversion rates.
How e-blueprint get results with easy-to-use websites:
Our team will create a video-testing environment that tests typically 5 customers within a particular demographic. We will create a report that details people’s ability to understand what you are about; how well they interact with your website and whether they can and would buy a product or service from you. We can also review competitor websites, ask users to perform particular tasks that are important for your sales and test in different environments like mobile phones, finding you online or across social media.
Why do I need user testing? Websites are now viewed on mobiles as much as they are on desktop machines. The state-of-mind of the user can be very different. Its crucial your customers can undertake tasks quickly and reach their user goals however they interact with your business online. Testing your content, web design and functionality will find issues quickly and inexpensively. This will increase the conversion of web visitors to customers.
If you want to see an impartial view of your website. Here are some of the questions and tasks you might consider us asking our pool of user testers on your behalf:
- What frustrated you most about this website?
- What did you like about the website?
- Do you feel you know how to make an application?
- How likely are you to recommend this site to a friend or colleague? (0=Not at all likely, and 10=Very likely) Explain why?
Choose from a pool of 1000’s of testers that make up your target market. Key demographics to consider:
|Income: £10k to £125k
|Country: Any country
|Web expertise: Novice/Average/Advanced
|Operating Systems: PC/MAC
|Web Browsers: IE/CHROME etc
|Social Networks: Facebook/Twitter etc
Want to try it out. Sign-up here for one of five FREE video user tests and gain some real customer insight into what people actually think about your website and presence online.